Regulations and Compliance
In addition to serving the US Government, we offer our expertise in international logistics on a competitive basis to the US defense industry sector.
We closely monitor enhancements and evolutions in US regulations administered by many government departments and agencies, such as the Department of Transportation, FAA, PHMSA, Department of Treasury, Department of State, Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration and Customs and Border Protection – and others.
We have also undertaken the role of informing members of the Ridgeway Group outside of the US of ongoing changes in US regulations. Our clients benefit from the international regulatory knowledge of other Ridgeway offices.
Ridgeway is committed to providing its clients the necessary guidance on compliance, and as such we are registered with the following organizations:
- U.S. State Department Directorate of Defense Trade Controls
- Certified U.S. Customs and Border Protection Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT)
- U.S. Transportation Security Administration registered Indirect Air Carrier (IAC) and International Air Transport Association as an IATA-accredited air cargo agent
- U.S. Federal Maritime Administration registered Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) and Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- U.S. Surface Deployment and Distribution Command registered ocean and hazardous materials freight carrier
- Qualified under IMDG and IATA for Dangerous Goods transportation
- National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America, Inc.
The defense regulatory environment in the US is substantially more complex and sensitive than in any other country in the world. The fast-moving logistical requirements of the US Government present challenges that we are happy to meet.