The essence of the business lies in the selection of viable, safe, legal and cost-effective routes for explosive and ‘sensitive’ logistic movements against the background kaleidoscope of diverse laws, regulations, compliance requirements and physical inspections which control this sensitive international trade. Ridgeway has developed expertise in obtaining the necessary licences and permits and interfacing positively with the various harbour, coastguard and transportation authorities which police these activities.
Ridgeway’s principal activities are as follows:
- Supervisory and Consultancy Service for the Movement of Ammunition, Armaments and Explosives.
- World Wide Deep Sea Ammunition, Armaments and Explosives Shipping Service on liner services and company controlled charter tonnage.
- International Road Transport Service for Ammunition, Armaments and Explosives.
- International Air Freight Service for Ammunition and Explosives.
- Insurance Service for Ammunition, Armaments and Explosives.
- Provision and Control of Explosives and Ammunition Stevedoring Services and Cargo Superintending at various licensed ports worldwide.